CV Geofrey July 16 2012
Mobile: +256 772-032252
Geofrey Walubi is an ethical, highly motivated, results driven and resourceful individual with ample knowledge in logistics, administration, procurement and general operations. High ability to achieve quality standards aimed at achieving set goals and objectives in a minimum set period. I trainable in different areas and have the ability to multi-task given the opportunity.
An individual that is growth orientated with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and on the lookout for a challenging position in a suitable environment where my current skills, knowledge and qualifications will be an asset to the organization. An opportunity for personal growth and job development is priority.
NDG LIMITED April 2011- Present
Post Held: Operations Officer
As operations manager am involved in various activities that include managing all the aspects of various operations of the Company;
- Run day to day operations of the organizations or the business.
- In charge of company purchases and procurement.
- Responsible for supervising and evaluating employees and their job performances.
- Institute rules for departments to run smoothly.
- Manage inventory and logistics of the organization.
- Contribute to the short and long term organizational planning.
- Handling issues as they arise is also a top priority among operations.
- Managing company budgets in coordination with top management.
- To provide a work environment that endangers positive, creativity and team work.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness, efficiency of support services (HR, IT, finance).
- Improve and update the operational system processes and policies in management reporting and information flow.
- Ensure that logbooks are properly filled and action taken on faults recorded.
- Over see fuel management.
- Over see company repairs and maintenance of equipments as well as insurance policies.
- Get quality production done in a minimum expenditure.
- Maintain discipline and setting rules and regulations for staff employees.
- I was requested to be a bank agent for the company.
CHRISTIAN CHILDREN’S FUND UGANDA- EMERGENCE UNIT, August 2007 to May 2008
Joined Christian children’s fund as logistics assistant followed by a promotion to logistics and transport officer.
Logistics and Transport Officer/Radio Operator
- Procurement of supplies and equipments following procurement procedures.
- Managing vehicle fleet including the daily inspection, maintenance and repairs as per the vehicle management manual.
- Ensure that goods and supplies are transported from the suppliers to the field offices or beneficiaries.
- Participate in the planning and budgeting activities for transport function.
- Participate in updating transport and logistics policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that vehicle log books are properly filled and action taken on faults recorded.
- Deploying and supervising drivers on a daily basis to ensure that their vehicles are clean and have proper stickers at the national office and in field.
- Offer logistical support to staff and consultants including Hotel bookings, air tickets, and transport as per their entitlement.
- Check regular records for consumption of fuel in liaison with the administration manager and quality assurance officer.
- Work in liaison with the administration officer on asset disposal following guidelines and procedure.
- Operate the radio base station in Kampala and coordinate with upcountry stations.
- Update all radio documents and any relocation of the base stations with the Uganda communication commission.
CHRISTIAN CHILDREN’S FUND, EMERGENCE UNIT, January 2006 to July 2007
Logistics Assistant/Radio Operator
- Purchase and ensure constant supply of office supplies and Materials.
- Identifying suppliers and soliciting for quotation against specification from the supervisor or coordinator.
- Participate in procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Maintaining an inventory and keep records of all purchases.
- Preparing and maintaining documents of way bills for all the supplies sent to upcountry stations.
- Keep monthly controls of all stocks and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Monitor all store activities including loading and offloading, store movements, dispatching goods to the field following a stock control system.
- Ensure security of the office premises.
- Operate radio base station in Kampala and coordinate with the upcountry stations.
- Update radio documents and any relocation of base station with the Uganda communication commission.
- Record any complaint on communication and forward it for a follow up.
- In charge company security and other issues related with
- Bachelor’s degree in Social works and Social Administration, 2006 -2008 Bugema University.
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) Old Kampala Secondary School, 2000 -2002
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) Old Kampala Secondary School, 1997-2000
- Computer literacy skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Team work
- Ability to manage through people
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative and performance oriented
- Ability to work with diversified people
Year Course Award
Dec 2007 Certificate of training in the following subjects Certificate
From AIRD/UNHCR Project Uganda.
- Fleet management objectives
- Basic fleet management tools
- Fuel economy and engine courtesy
- Four wheel drive and off road driving
March-July 2005 Business Administration and Management, Makerere Certificate
University Institute of Adult and Continuing Education.
July 2005 Procurement and Supply Chain Management Seminar, Certificate
HR and Management Agency Ltd.
Jan-Feb 2005 Computer training Makerere University Certificate
- Word processing (Ms Word)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point
- Microsoft Access
Workshops, trainings/ conferences attended.
August 2006 Certificate of attendance and participation in a one day training
On CCF Child Protection Policy. Hotel Africana.
November 2006 CCF-EU, Non Financial managers training on Accountability,
Procurement and general financial management. Lira Hotel
- Watching football
- Travelling and adventuring
- Making new friends
- Helping the needy
Namata Grace Sagi
Senior Management Officer
Department for International Development (DFID) Uganda
P.O Box 7306
Mob no: 0772-700016
Paula Kyabbagu Mukama
Human Resource Consultant
E-Resources Uganda Ltd
Mob no. 0772-612621/0704-612621
American Refugee Committee
Hoima Field Office
Mob no. 0782-382594
Sir Apollo Kaggwa Schools
Kampala – Uganda.
Mob: 0772-383056/0700 -779646